RedLine is looking for submissions for an indoor mural exhibition in our main exhibition hall that presents opportunities for designs and ideas that transport viewers into new, imagined and inclusive realities. Building on RedLine's annual theme of Afrofuturism and Beyond, this call is seeking mural proposals that will be positioned like portals or windows looking toward a more just and equitable future.
Proposals should include:
- examples of previous work
- brief description of design and concept
- estimated installation time
- sketch or design mock-up for proposed mural
- RedLine will provide
- $500 honorarium plus materials reimbursement up to $500
- two weeks for installation
- Marketing & Outreach Support
- Opportunities for related programming and artist talks
Application Due: July 12,2021
Artists Notified: July 20, 2021
Install begins: July 25, 2021
Exhibition Opens: August 13, 6:00 PM in concert for 48 Hours of Socially-Engaged Art & Conversation Summit
Exhibition Dates: August 13, 2021 - October 10, 2021
The INSITE Fund is a grant program administered by RedLine and made possible by the The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts Regional Regranting program. This fund responds to the gap in funding support for artist-driven projects on Colorado’s Front Range. INSITE is a 2-year, $60,000.00 per year, grant program, adding to and reinforcing the importance of funding opportunities that are accessible directly to artists working in an expansive field of ideas, audiences and visual arts practices.
INSITE Fund awards grants to public facing visual arts projects that take place beyond the studio, museum, art center or traditional gallery setting.
INSITE Fund specifically seeks to support projects that expand the public’s understanding of the visual arts. The intended outcome of the funding is to make visible often unseen and under-supported artistic activity, and to cultivate engaged communities around the work.
Projects must take place within an 80 mile radius of Denver. Geographic boundaries for the grant funding area are Fort Collins to the North, Colorado Springs to the South, Limon to the East, and Frisco/HWY 9 to the West.
In 2021 INSITE Fund will award 10-15 grants of $2,500-$5,000 each for a total $60,000 in grant funding. We encourage applicants to consider all expenses related to their project, including production, marketing, reception, and documentation.
1. All projects must be anchored in a visual arts practice.
2. Grant funds are intended for individual artists and artist collectives.
3. The fund does not support 501(c)3 (non profit) organizations. The fund is meant to support short-term initiatives, events, and new collaborations.
4. Funded projects must take place within a 80 mile radius of Denver.
5. Lead artist/organizer must reside within a 80 mile radius of Denver.
6. Funded projects should take place outside of the traditional gallery, art center, studio, or museum location.
7. The fund does not support an individual’s ongoing studio practice, underwrite exhibitions in existing program schedules, or works of traditional theater.
8. Projects must be completed within a 12-month grant cycle.
9. Projects must be presented in publicly accessible spaces, with covid precautions taken into consideration as needed.
● Location (Is the project within the geographic region?)
● Audience engagement (Does the project take place in a publicly accessible space?)
● Innovation / Authenticity (Does the project add to and expand definitions/understandings of the visual arts?)
● Collaboration (How does the project leverage collaboration in service of audience engagement?)
● Professional Presentation / Performance / Execution (Does the concept and presentation of the concept demonstrate artistic strength and merit?)